1. Skinless, boneless chicken breasts halves (1pound)
2. heavy cream (1c)
3. chicken broth, divided (1c)
4. sun-dried chopped tomatoes (1/2c)
5. minced garlic (2cloves)
6. butter (1tbsp)
7. dry fettuccini pasta (8ounces)
8. chopped fresh basil (2tbsp)
9. vegetable oil (2tbsp)
10. salt and pepper (to taste).
Method of preparation:
1. Take a large saucepan, place it over low heat, melt butter in it and add garlic in it and cook it for about 30 seconds. Add ¾ cup of chicken broth and tomatoes in it.
2. Increase the heat to medium and then keep the mixture to boil. Now turn down the heat, keep it to simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes. Then add cream in it and keep the mixture to boil by stirring until the gravy gets thickened. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of chicken.
3. Take a large frying pan, place it over medium heat. Heat oil in it and cook chicken in it for about 4 minutes. Place it in a bowl, cover it and keep it warm. Throw out fat from pan.
4. Boil ¼ cup of chicken broth in the pan over medium heat by stirring it. When it gets reduced then add prepared cream sauce and basil in it. Adjust the seasoning according to taste.
5. Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large bowl of salted water until it gets soft. Place the drained pasta in a bowl and mix 3 to 4 tablespoon of sauce in it.
6. Now cut the chicken breast into slices. Heat the sauce. Place the pasta in serving plate, place chicken slices on top and coat with cream sauce. Now it is ready to serve.
Number of servings – 4