Today, I will be sharing with you a healthy recipe. This recipe is made with Haricot Vert, Navel Oranges, and Hazelnuts.
- 8-ounces cleaned Haricot Vert
- 2 tbsp peeled and crushed Hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp fresh Orange Juice
- 1/8 tsp fresh Orange Zest
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped Dill
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan bring 3 cups of water to boil, flavor water with salt to resemble the ocean (about 1 tbsp).
- Once boiling adds beans and cooks for 2 ½ minutes, or until your desired consistency.
- Note: you will be cooking these beans again so slightly undercooking them is desired.
- Strain beans and keep on the side.
- Return pan to stove top and over medium-high heat add butter, hazelnuts, and cook mixture until lightly brown (aka Beurre Noisette, a fancy French term for making brown butter).
- Add the beans to butter hazelnut mixture, stir in orange juice, zest, dill, and season to taste.
Notes: I am a big fan of one-pot wonders, and here is a very simple vegetable dish that accomplishes that. This is also a great salad for the next day, tossed with a little olive oil to brighten up the dish. Plus, it is quite universal with all proteins.
If you want more healthy recipes like this, stay tuned on our site El CID.