1. Carolina rice (2lb)
2. ground beef (1lb)
3. eggs (5to6large)
4. grated Romano cheese (1 1/2c)
5. tomatoes sauce (1can)
6. water (6c)
7. milk (2 1/2c)
8. butter (2sticks)
9. flour as needed
10. bread crumbs for cooking rice balls (11/2c)
11. oil for deep frying the rice balls.
Method of preparation:
1. Take a large saucepan, boil rice with water in it. Cook it over low heat until the water is evaporated. Add butter, milk, cheese, and 3 beaten eggs and cook it by stirring until the rice is thick and pasty.
2. Now place the rice on a flat pan and cool it overnight. Take a pan brown the ground beef in it and drain it. Then add tomato sauce and mix it well.
3. Take a mound of rice in the palm of your hand, make a well in it and fill this well with meat mixture. Cover it with another mound of rice and then shape it into balls. Make more balls like this.
4. Roll these balls in flour and dip in eggs and coat with breadcrumbs. Now deep fry these balls over medium-high heat until gets golden brown.
Make about 35 balls.