1. Arborio rice (1 1/2c)
2. diced roasted chicken (2c)
3. hot roasted chicken broth (71/2 to8c)
4. balsamic vinegar (1/4c)
5. unsalted butter (2tbsp)
6. fennel bulb (1) julienned, keep a few leaves for garnish
7. diced onion (1)
8. extra virgin olive oil (1/4c)
9. salt and pepper (to taste)
Method of preparation:
1. Take a pan, heat olive oil in it over medium heat and saute the onion and fennel for about 3 minutes until gets golden. Add rice in it and stir it for 3 to 4 minutes until the rice gets opaque. Now stir balsamic vinegar till it is well absorbed.
2. Add balsamic vinegar in it and cook it until it gets absorbed. Add 1 cup of broth to the rice mixture. Stir this until the liquid gets absorbed or until ¼ of the chicken broth is left for about 18 to 20 minutes.
3. Now add the left over chicken broth and butter in it. Add pepper and salt according to taste. When it gets ready then adds a few fennel leaves on the top to decorate it and then serve it.
Make 6 servings.